Friday, April 29, 2011

Conversations with Jacob

While Maddie was napping today, Jacob and I had a couple of conversations I had to record. This kid is cracking me up lately!

Jacob: "Mommy, I'm going to marry Maddie when her gets bigger, okay?"
me: "Well, you can't marry Maddie honey"
Jacob: "Why? I'm a BOY."
me: "I know you're a boy but you can't marry your sister"
Jacob: "Maybe a girl that's 4 year old like me?"
me: "Sure you can marry another girl that's 4 years old, but you can't marry Maddie b/c brothers and sisters can't get married."
Jacob: (laughing): "Because she'll go crazy and not want to dance with me. Like Maddie sometimes her don't want to hold my hand when we dance."
me: (also laughing): "That's right. Because sometimes you're 'crazy Jacob'. But even if you didn't dance crazy, you still can't marry your sister"
Jacob: "Like when Kathleen gets older and her mama has that baby, then she can't marry her." (Kathleen's mom, Noelle, is pregnant with another girl)
me: "That's right. Kathleen won't be able to marry her baby sister."
Jacob: "Mommy, when I count to 10 you have to be downstairs to get your phone so I can play with it."
?????

Jacob: "Mommy, can I get ice cream today?"
me (as I'm on the phone): "We'll see Jacob"
Jacob: "Mommy, if you say no, I'm going to be mad at you."
me: "Jacob, do not talk to Mommy that way and I did not say no, I said "we'll see", so that means maybe yes and maybe no"
Jacob: "Well, if you say "yes", I'll be very happy at you"
me: "Okay Jacob, just wait a minute I'm on the phone, okay?"
Jacob: "Well Mommy. You didn't let me finish. If you let me have ice cream, I will be happy at you ANDDDD I'll make you a picture. That would make you very happy too. So see, then everyone is happy!"

No comments: