Friday, March 14, 2014

Jacob turns SEVEN!

Jacob had been asking for a bowling birthday party for a LONG time so this year we finally pulled the trigger and had one!  Over 20 boys came (including Maddie of course) and it was actually super fun!  I was a bit worried about such a big party but in the evenings the alley turns down the lights and plays music and the adults could enjoy some adult beverages and it was a great time had by all!

I can't believe Jacob is 7.  Every year just keeps going faster and faster.  There's not much little kid left in him.  :(  He's doing great in 1st grade...reading and doing math like a champ.  He loves all things sports and actually enjoys watching games on TV now.  I think basketball is is favorite but we're heading into baseball season now which he also loves (soccer seems to be his least favorite).  I'm starting to see him get "embarrassed" by certain things:  like the "babyish" lunch box he asked me not to send him to school with anymore.  I don't think I'm ready for all of that!

Happy Birthday Jake.  We love you more than words can say and we are SO proud of you!

We started the day off with cupcakes in the morning



Then we had a playdate after school when a few friends helped us celebrate!







Jacob REALLY wanted them to announce his birthday on the PA system SO bad. When they finally did, he was so excited!

No comments: