Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Our Next Adventure

When we moved back to Belmont, I thought that was our last move for a long while.  We lasted 5 whole years!  In the last year, though, Mark and I were eager to get back to Texas.  CA living is HARD and without family nearby, it's difficult to justify the sacrifices that we made to live there.  So, AUSTIN, here we come (and here we are, as I write this).  We arrived on Saturday and are living in a corporate apartment until we close on our home here on July 22nd.  I cannot WAIT to move into our new house!  In the meantime, we are excited to see our family in Houston and celebrate  the 4th of July with them in Galveston.  This is the reason we moved down here - to do things like this!

There were many (many) tearful goodbyes when we left.  Jacob had a much harder time. Now that he's 8, he really understood with this move what it all meant.  And his friends are closer and the relationships he's built with them more established.  My heart ached for him the same way it ached when I had to say goodbye to my closest friends.  It hurts in ways you can't explain.  But, you know (and hope) that it's all for the better and that you will see those friends again very soon.  At least that's what I keep telling myself!

Before we left, we had a big park playdate send off with a bouncy house and a hot dog stand!  The kids had such a blast.  We spent hours upon hours hanging out with our buddies and it was the perfect way to say goodbye.


















































Our dearest friends planned a night out for us in mid-June which was a blast, as always.  Somehow, we all end up drinking and dancing the night away.  This particular night was no exception.  They had become our IHM Family and our dear friends and we are going to miss them all SO MUCH.  Two nights before we left, we also had a goodbye pot luck at our friends house.  That day and the next hit me hard.  Five years doesn't seem like much, but when you bond with other parents over school, kids, etc. a LOT happens in five years.  I am so thankful to have had them in my life during that time.  I'm not sure what I would have done without them!







































































In the end, we know we will see them all again soon.  If you are reading this, you all know how much you mean to the Broxtermans, and we have tons of space for you to come visit!  We miss you all already!!  XOXOXO

No comments: