Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just a little something to tuck away for later

Jaemie and I took Jacob and Owen to the Oakland Zoo yesterday. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Even though we are officially in mid-November, the skies were sparkling blue and cloudless and it was about 75 degrees. Now I'm starting to realize why San Francisco is the most expensive place to live in the country.

Jacob and Owen were on their best behavior. In fact, I don't think there was one incidence of pushing or biting the entire day. That alone is reason to celebrate! At the beginning of the day, we asked them to hold hands and follow us and would you believe they HELD HANDS AND FOLLOWED US? It seriously had to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. Of course I had to snap 20 pictures of this event but I don't think the pictures even remotely capture how cute it was. And here's the best part...Jacob and Owen will likely be quite embarrassed by these pictures 15 years from now. I'm already stocking up on my "embarrassing Jacob photos" for future slide shows and photo albums that I will whip out whenever his girlfriends stop by. ha. I can't wait.

Once again, Jacob loved the goats. He couldn't understand why they kept running away from him. Catcher (our cat) has a similar reaction whenever Jacob comes near him. He runs for his life. Poor baby...he just wants to love on them SO much.

Jacob passed out as soon as we got in the car and Owen kept asking "Ja-bah doing?" We kept saying "Jacob's sleeping Owen. He's night night." Owen clearly didn't want Ja-bah to be night night because he kept screaming "wake up Jeff!" This will only be amusing to those of who know the Wiggles. One of their most popular songs is "Wake up Jeff" and Owen knew exactly what it meant. I'm telling you, those Wiggles really know how to get into a toddler's brain.










No comments: