Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30, 2007

There was a time in the early months of 2007 when I thought that time was standing still. Those sleepless days and nights trying thousands of tricks to calm our newborn. I didn't really know him then and I couldn't imagine what he would become. I couldn't imagine a time 2 years from that day that he was born...what he would look like, what he would sound like, what he would feel like.

And here we are. Time is not standing still. In fact, it is passing by at warp speeds and all I want to do now is slow it down so that I can remember his 2 year old face forever. I know there is more wonderful to come. I know there will be infinitely more kisses to steal, bear hugs to hold, ouchies to mend. But if you saw how incredibly cute he is right now...on this day...you'd want to stop time too.

Happy Birthday Jacob. We love you more than you'll ever know.

No comments: