Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dallas

The tides usually change quickly for the Broxterman family, but this move to Dallas is still pending. We went down there over a week ago to look at homes and found some really great options (when you compare it to what you get in San Francisco for the same cost, it's hard not to be blown away by the options.) But, we are waiting to see what happens with our house here before we make any real moves (no pun intended.) We've had 2 very successful weekends of open houses but no offers yet. We are just keeping our fingers crossed that we can make this transition as seemless as possible.

Jacob had a great time in Dallas especially with all of the attention (ahem, m&m's and jelly beans) from Grandma and Grandpa and all of the special toys from Nanny and Papa. I personally found the trip to be exhausting but I think that's just because I have not bounced back from that 1st trimester exhaustion. Oh wait, have I not announced on our blog that I am pregnant?! The handful of you that read this already know so I'm sure it's not shocking news, but it's important to get it officially typed in our little blog here. Save the date everyone...our little "Bebe Dos" (as he/she was named on Facebook) is scheduled to arrive on October 6, 2009.

I am 13 weeks tomorrow so I believe that technically means I will be out of the first trimester. The nausea has subsided (THANK the good Lord) but the fatigue has not and I am in bed before 9 pm most nights (I am approaching my bedtime as I type). Jacob has no clue as to what this all means but he does know "where the baby is" and most times says he "wants a baby sister". We're trying to teach him not to jump on mommy's belly anymore or charge at mommy going full speed since he could hurt the baby (we're still working on this.) I do love it when I ask him to give baby a kiss and he comes over, lifts up my shirt and gives my belly a big kiss. Today, he decided to blow raspberries on my belly which made me laugh even harder. He's going to be an amazing big brother. I'm certain of it.

Anyway, here are some pics of our trip to Dallas. We went to the Fort Worth zoo, and spent a couple of days in our hotel pool. I never thought we'd have to hide Jacob's swim diapers from him, but everyday he'd pull them out and say "simming mommy! Go simming please!" It was then that I thought it was best to put them away where he couldn't be reminded that there was a pool in the building.









No comments: