Monday, May 11, 2009

The Big M's - Moving & Mother's Day

Yesterday was a great day. We had originally planned to fly out of San Francisco on Mother's Day but I am so glad Mark agreed to fly out the day before instead so that we could actually celebrate Mother's Day instead of traveling straight through it.

To begin, the move went really well. As well as moves can go at least (as moving is never an easy process no matter how much you plan and prepare.) The movers packed us up on Thursday and had finished loading the truck by early afternoon on Friday. Jacob and I spent most of last week saying tearful goodbyes to our amazing friends in California which makes me sad every time I think about it. We've been through this before, but for some reason, this time it felt different. I think it's because Jacob is older now and will miss his friends...yet he's not old enough to understand why they won't be around anymore. Explaining to him that "we're moving to Texas" meant nothing. He just thinks Texas is a place where you go swimming.

Needless to say, the emotional part of it was not easy, but the physical part of it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated. Jacob did great in the hotel room on Thursday and Friday night (where we stayed after our house was empty) and was awesome on the plane on Saturday. We are now in a hotel room in Irving, Texas where we will be until we close on our house on May 26th. Jacob has been a trooper -- he's been sleeping/napping great everywhere we go!

We had made reservations at Sneaky Pete's in Lewisville, Texas for Mother's Day brunch and I have to tell you, this place was fantastic! It's right on Lake Lewisville and it was decked out for Mother's Day with the most amazing spread on the buffet tables (an indecisive pregnant woman's dream!) We had a wonderful time. Jacob especially loved running around outside and checking out the docks and boats. He kept begging to "go on the boats mommy, daddy!" We spent the rest of the day being lazy (just the way I like it) and relaxing now that the first half of our move is behind us. It's nice to know that we are making progress and will be in our new home soon!

Happy Mother's Day to our wonderful mommies, mommy friends and grandmommies! We love you all!

p.s. I had to get a couple of profile pics showing off my belly now that we are almost halfway through the pregnancy. I would say 50% of that belly is due to the buffet we had just consumed!























2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi Angela! How cute are you, pregnant mama??? I am glad (well, "glad" may not be the right word but you know what I mean...) that you made it safe and sound to Texas. Love the photos - esp. the one of Mark with your diaper bag. Happy Mother's Day!

Psychicmommy2maya said...

Can't hp but cry, seeing his beautiful face is bitter sweet for me. I can't believe tomorrow I won't get a little knock on my door, and won't get my big bear hugs. I miss you both terribly already :(.

OMG Angela, I swear the baby belly has grown even in the last few days...where did that baby belly come from all of a sudden?

I too am "glad" you are in Texas safe & sound, and that Jacob has adjusted well thus far. Please tell him we miss him & love him!

Happy late Mother's day!!!

XOXO,
Melissa