Sunday, October 25, 2009

So much for blogging...

I mean, I know newborns can kind of be a time suck, but I didn't realize how little I would get done these days! I think more than anything, my exhaustion has taken over and when I do have downtime, I need to sleep, sleep and get more sleep.

But, I promise not to neglect this blog because our babies grow so fast -- and I really don't want to miss documenting any precious moments!!

Let's see...Maddie is 3.5 weeks old and has been a wonderful baby. At 3 weeks, she hit her "fussy" phase but it's completely manageable and I think entirely due to the insane amount of gas this little girl keeps curled up in her body. Seriously, it can clear a room and put a grown man to shame! I'm not sure what to do other than bicycle her legs, burp her often and try mylicon drops. But we know this is the cause of her small bouts of crying because she curls up her legs and screams until the gas comes out. Poor thing.

Jacob is in love with his little sister. Whenever she is around, he wants to kiss her, love her and then kiss her some more. I feel like I'm always warning him not to smother her. Don't get me wrong...I like to smother her with kisses too, but he doesn't abide by the rule "gentle" as well as I do!

On a funny note, Jacob has just started realizing my pet names for him. I tend to call him "honey" and "baby" and "sweetie". This week, he started asking me "Mommy, why do you call me honey?" Ha. He's totally confused because this is not his name. And there's really no way to explain why we, as parents, do this. He'll understand some day.

Some pics of Jacob showing Maddie all the love in the world...









1 comment:

Julie said...

These pictures could not be more adorable. I love, love, love them! And look at all the pink clothes Maddie has acquired in 3.5 weeks - ahahaha... cute! :) Dying to see these two in person - and you and Mark, of course!!!