Thursday, January 14, 2010

Spring/Summer where are you?

I would like to be done with Winter please. Can you please go away? Right now? Thanks.

Winter brings illness to this house and I don't think all of us have been healthy at the same time since August. One sickness after another. I can't take it anymore!!!!! Jacob was diagnosed with a sinus infection last Tuesday (10 days ago) and has been on antibiotics. He was noticeably better after a few days on the medicine but now is seemingly worse with a cough that won't quit. This poor kid has been sick with something on and off for 6 months. Part of me wants to rip him right out of preschool and lock us all up in this house until he has to go to kindergarten. But then I think it has to happen eventually until his body develops resistance to these bugs. ARGH. There is nothing more depressing (and exhausting) than a sick toddler. Luckily, Maddie has remained immune to much of it except for some congestion that comes and goes.

I hope warmer weather brings healthier days. Otherwise, I may just go insane.

In other more exciting news, Maddie started grabbing at toys on Sunday! My Dad was playing with her and said that she was trying to grab her elephant toy. I didn't believe him because I've been trying to get her to reach for her toys for weeks! Sure enough, I went over and saw her carefully guiding her hand toward the elephants legs as Grandpa dangled them in front of her. It's so fun to see her growing and developing as she is. She also started laughing recently. Not a big, hearty laugh, but little giggles here and there. I was kissing her feet last week and then would make a funny face and I got a few giggles out of her that way. Then Grandpa was playing peek-a-boo with her at the alterations place yesterday and I heard her giggle from the dressing room! I can't wait to hear her big, belly laugh someday.

Here are some more recent pics of our growing girl







And of course, here's our little man going to bed with Bevo on the night of the National Championship game between Texas and Alabama. Unfortunately, it was a loss for Texas :(

2 comments:

Jaemie said...

OK seriously, I cannot believe that I have not kissed those cheeks yet!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics, Ang. I just can't get over her dark hair.

Love Jacob in the UT gear. Sad, sad game.