Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Busy Month for Maddie

Ever since Maddie turned 8 months old, she has been a busy little girl. She is not officially crawling yet, but she's getting up on all fours, rocking back and forth, lunging forward and scooting backward. On a couple of occasions, she's pulled herself up to a standing position by climbing on top of me sitting on the floor. She wasn't doing any of this 2 weeks ago! She stands like a pro too and cruised all the way around our ottoman yesterday. It took her about 10-15 minutes, but she made it around the whole thing without any help. She is desperate to move and gets extremely frustrated when she can't get to something she wants.

She started doing this fist waving thing with her hand a while ago and now she does it mostly every time you wave at her and say "hi". Is she waving? I don't know but it certainly is cute.

One thing I can say for sure is for the very first time tonight, she started clapping! It was totally unexpected. She was sitting in her high chair eating stars and I was cleaning up the kitchen. All of a sudden, I look over and she's clapping her hands together. Of course Mark, Jacob and I go all bonkers and start clapping and "yay"-ing which she got a huge kick out of. And it wasn't a fluke. A while later in the bathtub, she kept clapping and clapping away. She'll probably be doing it in her crib tonight. I think she likes her new trick. Jacob started clapping around this same time (when he was a little over 9 months old) and we caught that on camera too here.

I love it when they meet new milestones. It makes for one proud mama!

Clapping in the high chair:



And the bathtub:



And her princess wave:

1 comment:

Jaemie said...

See is too dang cute!! I love it.