Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Just Between Friends

I promised a post about this long ago, but alas, this new focus in my life is unfortunately taking focus away from other activities (including blogging!)

When we were living in Texas and I was 7 months pregnant with Maddie, I went to an event in Forth Worth called "Just Between Friends (JBF)". It's a semi-annual children's and maternity consignment sale and I was hooked immediately. When I went on the website to find out when the next sale was, I learned that it was franchise. The light bulb went off in my head instantly and I thought "Why do we NOT have one of these in the Peninsula?!" Something was triggered inside my brain (and I guess, my heart) and I did not stop thinking about it. As soon as we moved back to the Bay Area, while we were still in corporate housing no less (!), I was on the phone with JBF Corporate and submitting my application. I interviewed shortly thereafter and many long conversations later, Mark supported me in buying the San Mateo County territory here in the Bay Area Peninsula.

I just launched our very first event in San Mateo May 14-15 and I do believe it was a huge success. We had 81 consignors and over 13,000 items at the event. Our sales in San Mateo beat the average and the positive response I got from the people in the community that participated was overwhelming. I've been looking for something to wrap my brain around since becoming a Mom and JBF was the perfect fit.

I really can't say thank you enough to the awesome friends and family I have. They were here when I needed them most -- watching my kiddos (Thank you NANNY!), manning the cash register (Thank you MOM!) and doing everything I asked of them (Thank you MARK and DAD!) And I have these amazing friends that stepped up to the plate when I needed them -- Jaemie, Rachel, Millie, Lindsay, Heather, Dana, Kristin, Amber and Noelle. These girls are just awesome and I am so lucky to have them in my life. Thank you for helping this event be so successful right out of the gate. I can't wait for the Fall!

A glimpse of my "3rd baby" (as Jaemie put it about a month ago) :)



























No comments: