Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Another story you might enjoy

Our swim lessons at the Y seem to be providing great blog material. I meant to post this over a week ago so I'm a little late in the delivery. But better late than never.

When we get to the Y for swim class, we have a little routine. Childwatch (the kids area where Maddie goes) doesn't open until 3:30 which is exactly when Jacob's class starts. So, we all go in to the pool area together, Jacob takes his shoes off, I hang up our swim bag and we wait on the bench until swim class starts.

On this particular day, we all walked into the pool area and Maddie and I were walking in front of Jacob. I casually say back to him "Jacob, take your shoes off". Maddie and I keep walking toward where his class meets. After about a minute, I wonder why Jacob is not right behind me. I turn around and the kid is NAKED walking toward me on the edge of the pool. NAKED!! Meaning, NO PANTS! For the entire YMCA to see!

Good lord, I nearly dropped Maddie to the floor and went running toward him saying "Jacob! What are you doing! Where are your swim shorts! Why do you not have them on?!?!?!?!"

That poor kid looked at me so confused and said "Mommy, I thought you said 'take your clothes off'".

(GASP!)

I can't ever say that the child doesn't follow directions. Even if he is like his Daddy and is seriously hard of hearing.

Needless to say, I quickly covered him up, got him dressed and we went about our day. Once again, these little people never cease to baffle me.

2 comments:

Sparks Family said...

Do love your stories! They are entertaining and you write them well.

Lindsay said...

Hilarious!!!