Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Belated Turkey Day

I know, I know, I've been neglecting the blog again. November was a busy month but really my excuse is that I have SO much to write about, SO many stories to tell, SO many things to share...and it's overwhelming thinking about how behind I am! So, I'll start with Thanksgiving.

We spent a week in Kansas with Nanny and Papa and despite the travel being long and exhausting, the week was an awesome one. I learned that if we had 4 older cousins that lived closer, me and Mark's jobs as parents would be 100 times easier! Jacob and Maddie were so entertained by their older cousins all week. It was awesome.

I also finally got to meet Eric's fiance, Kelly, and I couldn't be happier for all of us -- having such a wonderful addition to this family. She's a gem!

We started out the week at a children's museum in Topeka. This place was fantastic. The kids could paint on the walls...





Paint on your friends faces (Nanny is SUCH a good sport)...





And work with REAL tools



I had to walk away once Jacob grabbed a real saw. I was in a total panic.





The weather was incredible mid-week and we played lots of football and duck, duck, goose outside. Inside, we entertained ourselves with lots of Wii games and cards and even attempted a family gingerbread house. Attempted.



Maddie of course got involved b/c all she wanted to do was eat the candy.





I'm pretty sure a hair dryer is not one of the required gingerbread house tools. But they were trying everything to keep this thing standing!



Unfortunately, it didn't stay upright for long. But at least we got a picture of it!





Then it was time for a few family photos



Jacob is in love with his cousin, Caroline



Love the camera self-timers!



And a great silly one. This is a framer for sure.



Nanny and Papa and all their grandkids.



Eric and Kelly and their nieces/nephews!



The beautiful bride and groom to be!



We ended the week with a visit to the Indoor Aquatic Center. Jacob got to show off his new swimming skills (after months of lessons!)



Nanny also threw an amazing bridal shower for Kelly on Saturday. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera and don't have any pictures from that day but it was great. Again, so blessed to have such a beautiful family!

Thank you, Nanny and Papa, for a great week!

No comments: