Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jacob's 5th birthday

Jacob is five. Five years ago it was just the 2 of us. Awaiting a baby. In the dead of winter in Chicago. Our lives changed so drastically that year I was pregnant (2006). We got married, found out we were expecting a baby, I quit my job and we moved to Chicago when I was 7 months pregnant. Who would have thought that this little bundle....



Would turn into this little man



And what a great little man he is. He is SO smart. I know all parents say this about their kids (so why would I be the exception?) but it's true. This kid learns fast and he wants to learn. He's eager to soak up every little bit of knowledge there is.

He is incredibly sensitive. Sometimes this drives me batty but truth be told, I think it's what makes him so special. His heart is an open door and he truly does let everyone in. There's a reason they call him the "mayor" at school. He's the diplomat -- trying to make everyone happy. I love that about him.

I love how much he loves his baby sister. When she's frustrated with me she automatically goes running to him. And guess what? He always manages to soothe her. Probably faster than I am ever able to.

Who would have thought 5 years ago that this is the little man he'd become. If it's any indication of the future, I can't wait to see what the next 5 years bring. Thank you Jake, for being the incredible little man that you are. We love you more than we could ever, ever have known possible.

Pictures & videos from Jacob's birthday celebration at My Gym on Saturday











Teacher Nick is in high demand when it comes to doing the My Gym birthday parties. This guy has more energy than 5 of those kids combined. I really don't know how he does it!



I uploaded these next 5 videos to Picasa. Click on the image to see the whole video. I can't figure out how to resize them!















Singing happy birthday -- and him "roaring" at the crowd!





Blowing out the candles...



Then back to more play time after cake. Jacob's first trip down the zip line looked easy



The second trip down the zip line...not so much...





To view all of the photos and videos from the birthday party, click here:



We had a great time celebrating with our friends! I have more pictures and videos from Jacob's school celebration that I will post soon. Happy Birthday sweet Jacob! We love you!!

1 comment:

Jaemie said...

Happy Birthday Jacob! We have LOVED being a part of you life and watching you grow the past 4+ years!!!