Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I don't know where they come up with this stuff

Back to reality. We got home from Jamaica late Sunday night. Jacob was fast asleep...I don't think Mark or myself have ever been more excited for Jacob's 5 am wake up time the next day. We were quickly back in the swing of things.

Jacob had his 9 month check up yesterday morning. Everything looks great and he's meeting all his milestones. He's still off the charts in weight too...which got me thinking about these baby growth charts.

So, Jacob weighed in at 26 lb. 12 oz. If you notice his weight line, it's above the shaded area (and we're not talking barely above here, we're talking at least 2 lbs. above which, in baby weight, is a lot!) This means that Jacob is as heavy, or heavier than 95% of the infant population. And he's been that way for 8 1/2 months now. This makes me wonder...where is the fattest baby and how much does he weigh (or should I dare wonder, how much does she weigh?) I'm fascinated by this so, of course, I had to do some research.

On October 26, 2007, it is believed that the world's fattest baby was born in Siberia. Nadia (a baby GIRL!) was born weighing 17.1 lbs. She was allowed to go home after a month. She is the youngest of twelve (TWELVE!) children. Holy moly, I pray for that family (specifically for that mother).

So, Since Jacob didn't reach 17 pounds until he was 2 months old, I think we can safely rule out that he is not the fattest baby. Our doctor says that his growth, according to the charts, has been completely normal, even if he does form his own line on those silly things. Check it out:


No comments: