Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Jet-setter Jacob

Mark, Jacob and I just got back from Tracy's wedding in Miami yesterday. Oh my gosh, was she stunning. I remember the day I met her in 2001 when I first interviewed at Duke for the MBA program. We were sitting in the lobby waiting to go on our tour of the facilities and we just started chatting. I was so impressed by how much she knew about the program, the people, etc. I had done my own research of course, but she just blew my efforts away. I swear I owe part of my acceptance into Duke to her. In the short time we spent together that day, I learned so much more about the program and in turn, knew what great questions to ask during my interview. There began our friendship. It's so wild to think about how much has happened since that day. I am so incredibly happy for her and Matt.

This was Jacob's 4th roundtrip flight and I understand now why people say to travel with babies when they are very young. Now that he is mobile, that kid doesn't want to sit still! He still does really well on planes though. On Friday, he finally started waving. I've been trying to get him to do this for months. Every single day, Mark and I would wave "hi" when we'd see him and "bye bye" when we'd leave. I'd take his little arm and shake it up and down and say "bye bye" over and over again. I thought he'd never figure it out. Then Friday morning, randomly, I just said "bye bye Jacob" and he just started waving his arm up and down emphatically. And he hasn't stopped since. Mark was walking him up and down the aisles on the plane and he was waving at everyone. I was cracking up from the back of the plane as I watched him (in Mark's arms) wave at everyone in the seats as he passed them by. And everyone waved back. Ahhh, what a proud momma I was.

So now our little guy has been to Houston, Austin, Kansas and Miami. And I have a little hunch he'll be visiting San Francisco soon :) What a little jet-setter he is.

Check him out enjoying Miami.

No comments: