Friday, November 23, 2007

A Time for Thanks

I too often forget to take time to voice what I am thankful for. So, in the spirit of the holiday...

I'm thankful that we caught Jacob's ear infection today before it became a severe case resulting in too many sleepless nights (last night was enough.) I'm thankful that he is happy and healthy and for his goofy laugh that fills my heart every time I hear it. I'm thankful for my wonderful mother and father-n-law who took amazing care of Jacob while Mark and I got to waste away 8 days in Jamaica sleeping, eating and reconnecting. I'm thankful to have the choice to stay home with my son even if it is the hardest job I've ever had. I'm so thankful for friends...my amazing moms in Chicago, my dearly missed friends in San Francisco (can't wait to see you again) and, most especially, my girls (you all know who you are). I am thankful for apple pie, Ann Sather's cinnamon roles, eggnog lattes, and red wine. I am thankful that I belong to a gym that has a nursery so that I can go work off the aforementioned calorie-filled sweets I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my husband who almost always gets up in the morning with Jacob so that I can get a few more precious moments of sleep. I'm thankful for his patience, for his understanding, and for helping me every single day with taking care of baby Jake.

Tonight I am most filled with thanks for my family. For being there for me, and each other, without question and without limits. I am incredibly sad we can't be there to celebrate this holiday with you.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm thankful for you, Lady. I miss you a lot!!!