Monday, December 3, 2007

Possessed toy

Jacob went to bed at about 6:45 tonight and I was watching TV upstairs when I kept hearing the faint tune to "Mary had a little lamb." I thought I was imagining it (I hear enough baby songs throughout the day that they inevitably occupy my brain during my "off" hours -- without my blessing.) So, I'm sitting here swearing that I hear "Mary had a little lamb" over and over again. Finally, I muted the TV and turned up the monitor in Jake's room. Sure enough, I hear it loud and clear.

The whole time I'm thinking...Where is it coming from? Is it in his room? Which toy plays "Mary had a little lamb?" Oh no...I'm going to have to crawl in his room on my hands and knees in the dark and find this darn thing that has somehow gotten switched on permanently. And why didn't I hear it when I was putting him to bed?

Oh no, ladies and gentlemen. I walk downstairs and this one toy (that remains to be nameless) is sitting by itself on the floor in the living room playing "Mary had a little lamb" over and over again. Nothing is touching it people. It's just GOING. And I'm looking at it like it's possessed by the devil. I pick it up and it immediately stops (like "oh no! She caught me!") So, I place it in the closet of our guest bedroom (as gingerly as possible) and pray that the music doesn't start again. Because seriously, at this point, I'm scared. I'm Poltergeist scared. And Mark left for San Francisco tonight. I think that toy is going to meet Mr. Dumpster tomorrow.

No comments: