Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Hollow makes Happy Jacob

Jacob and I met up with our Wednesday playgroup yesterday at Happy Hollow in San Jose. Happy Hollow is this super fun park for kids (mostly smaller kids) with a petting zoo, kid rides, and multiple playgrounds. Unfortunately, the park is closing for the rest of the year for renovations and let me tell you, it is a great misfortune we won't get to visit again for many, many months. Jacob and I had a BLAST and would go back once a week if we could!

I wasn't quite prepared for one thing in particular. I think I mentioned in a previous post that Jacob really loves carousel rides...to the point where getting off of one was a minor tragedy in his eyes. So, having witnessed his love for carousels, I naturally thought that he would love to ride on this baby car ride at the park. I was a little apprehensive because the kids ride by themselves but after hearing that Owen, his playmate (born 3 days before Jacob), rode it and loved it, I thought he'd be fine. So, I strapped Jacob in to his little car and exited the ride. I'm watching from the fence when the ride starts and OH HOLY NIGHT Jacob starts screaming like I have never heard him scream before. The ride operator looks over at me and signals to me something along the lines of "turn it off?" and I said "YES!" He stopped the ride and I had to run in and get Jacob out of this little car. Poor baby...I guess he's not ready for moving rides without momma.

Other than that though, he couldn't get enough of the petting zoo, the outdoor maze or the endless amount of playstructures he could climb on (including every bench in the park.) Here are some pictures of our fabulous day.

"momma! More food for donkeys please!"

"I could feed the baby goats ALL day long"


"I love my friends Jaemie and Owen."


"Hmmm, not quite sure what I'm doing in this car."


"Bad choice momma. BAD choice. Get me outta HERE!"


"This carousel was fast!"

"I loved the Danny the Dragon ride."


"I always make time for snacks."

"The maze was my ABSOLUTE favorite part."

"I could spend HOURS in here. Yay Happy Hollow!"

1 comment:

kristy said...

when i read this, i kept reading it as "hippie hollow" instead of "happy hollow". that would have been an entirely different experience for your little man.