Saturday, July 12, 2008

The world's smallest baby pool

Another week has gone by, and I have been a bad blogger. Unfortunately, I have been completely swamped with work this week which has made me appreciate the time that I normally have to sit and recount those precious moments with Jacob in this blog. So, for the sake of brevity, I'll just give the highlights:

The 4th of July was a blast. Jacob sported his USA hat for all of about 5 minutes so I only managed to get a picture of him in it while he was in his stroller. We went to the Redwood City Parade and Festival and Jacob got to ride yet another carousel (he's going to start thinking these things exist everywhere we go) and got his groove on (yet again) to some fun bands. This time, Daddy joined him (I wonder if the beer had anything to do with that?)





On Wednesday night, we had dinner with our fun, new neighbors across the street and their 3 little girls. They had the baby and kid pools set up so Jacob ran around with the girls in the backyard in his diaper all night long and he never once showed signs of tiring. By 8 pm, he was still going strong (an hour and a half past his bedtime) which convinced me of 2 things: 1) Jacob needs a playmate and 2) Jacob needs a baby pool. The first observation will undoubtedly take some time so I jumped on the baby pool idea.

I couldn't get to the store on Thursday so I tried to make a "water table" that Jacob could play with. I filled up one of his toy storage bins with water outside and thought he'd have fun playing with his cars and trucks in it. This plan completely backfired because if Jacob sees any pool of water (no matter the size) he wants IN it. Amused, I de-clothed him and let him climb into the bin and laughed hysterically as he squeezed his whole body inside. Literally, it was the world's smallest baby pool.



Don't worry, I made it to the store on Friday and got a baby pool that Jacob will fit comfortably in.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh MY goodness! The video of Jacob and Mark dancing is the cutest thing ever. LOVE it.

Julie said...

By the way, waah! I wish we lived closer and got to visit with all three of you way more often. I miss you guys.