Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Are you kidding me? 11 months?

Now that Maddie has hit the 11 month mark, I need to get on planning something for her 1 year birthday, STAT! How did it come so quickly? I sound like a broken record...

Want to know one of the most exciting things about our 11 month old? Her hair is so long, I can put it all up in a ponytail! Okay, so maybe this is only exciting to her girly girl mom, but I can't get over how long her hair is and how stinking cute she is with it all pulled up!

Is she a little princess, or WHAT?











Apparently, this is Jacob's new signature pose



You've probably noticed that I dress her in blue quite often. I can't help it. Whenever I see something blue for baby girls, I grab it (since it's pretty hard to find) as I just love the way her blue eyes sparkle when she's wearing that color. And, as an added bonus, other people notice her eyes more too and inevitably say "she has the most beautiful eyes!" which mama just can't get enough of.

More about Maddie at 11 months:
  • Her favorite food right now is a whole, just peeled banana. Now that she has her top and bottom 2 chompers, she loves (LOVES) to bite a full banana while you hold it. She can eat an entire one.
  • She still sleeps 12 hours a night from 6:30 pm - 6:30 am and takes 2 solid naps a day. We give her a bottle, place her in the crib and she goes to sleep all on her own without crying. It's fantastic!
  • She's obsessed with sippy cups. Especially if they happen to belong to random strangers at the park. She's always got a hold of someone else's sippy cup. You have to watch this one closely. But here's the thing. The only thing she likes to do with a sippy cup is sip out the water and then spit it out of her mouth, all over her clothes. I've learned my lesson too many times NOT to give her one in the car. She ends up being soaked from head to toe when I take her out b/c she's emptied the entire thing on herself, all by drinking and spitting. Yuck.
  • I keep thinking she's going to take off walking any day, but she's such an efficient crawler and cruiser that when she needs to get somewhere, crawling is her preferred mode of transportation. I think Jacob walked around 11 months because he was not such a great crawler!
  • She's kind of saying 4 words: "Dada", "uh-oh", "cheese" and "hi"
  • Knock on wood (I'm knocking hard), but she is getting better in the car. She has started taking her paci more in the car which has been oh so helpful.
  • The girl LOVES music. Black Eyed Peas seems to be her favorite. Immediately when I turn on "I Gotta Feeling", she is screeching at the top of her lungs and bouncing her arms and legs up and down. Jacob thinks it's hysterical and always says "Mommy, Maddie really likes it! Let's jam!"
  • She signs "more" when she wants more of something but that's the only sign we've really emphasized and taught her. (Bad parents!)
  • She's going through a "stranger danger" phase and hates to be held by anyone she doesn't know but I'm hoping this passes soon because I know there are many of you out there that would love to cuddle with her!

1 comment:

Psychicmommy2maya said...

Have I told you lately how much I love you guys & how excited I am you are home? Probably to the point you can't stand it, but I can't help it. That baby is GORGEOUS, as is my sweet Jacob. XOXOXOXO

Melissa