Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear Blog, From Maddie

I woke up this morning and everyone was making a big deal about something. First, mommy came into my room with a camera and kept saying "Happy Birthday Maddie!"



Don't make fun of my face. You'd look a little disturbed if someone barged in your room at 6:30 in the morning with a big, black piece of plastic that flashed white lightning in your eyes too. Then, she kept doing it while I tried to drink my breakfast.



Mommy got me dressed in the "special" shirt she's been talking about for weeks and I proudly showed it off while I strutted around the house. I am LOVING this new skill they call walking, by the way. I have to practice it whenever I get the chance.



We said goodbye to Daddy as he left for work, then we ate more breakfast because I really can't get through a day without my cheese in the morning. The stars and cheerios are just a bonus.



After breakfast, I got my hands on some of Jacob's toys.



He just loves it when I do that. Can't you tell?



Don't be alarmed. I always go back for more.



And Jacob's usually ready and willing to give it to me. See? I love every minute of it.



We went to the grocery store to get some food for my party this weekend and Mommy picked out a couple of cupcakes to celebrate my birthday tonight. We came home and would you believe I took a TWO hour nap? Mommy had to wake me up so we could go to lunch with Jaemie, Owen and Nathan. But she knew that would mean my afternoon nap would suffer. Boy was she right. Lunch was great. We met at Chipotle and I am a big fan of the black beans and guacamole. I also love dancing in my high chair with Nathan and watching Owen and Jacob tackle each other in the booth. They love to wrestle wherever they go (much to our mommies' dismay). Jaemie, Owen and Nathan gave me a penguin puppet and a little purse filled with goodies for my birthday. Unfortunately, Mommy forgot to bring the camera along to capture the fun. We then went to TJMaxx so Jacob could pick out his birthday gift for me. Would you believe he picked out something that he would want to play with? Big surprise!

After my short, hard-to-get afternoon nap, Mommy took me outside to get some pictures to commemorate my birthday while Jacob slept.

I am a BIG fan of the playhouse outside. I love to open the door, go in, close the door, open the door, go out, close the door, open the door, go in, close the door, you get the idea...





Mommy love, love, loves this picture of me that she even posted it on Facebook.



Jacob finally woke up and then we decided to go on a wagon ride. Nanny made these famous while she was visiting this last week. Notice Mr. Penguin Puppet came along for the ride.



Jacob loves to entertain me while we ride.





Behind that mischievous smile is a heart of gold.



And I do believe...a heartbreaker someday.



But for now, his affection clearly goes to me.





He's a pretty special big brother.



Daddy came home from work and we got to sing that silly song and eat our cupcakes.





I still don't know what to do with that dome of sugar yet though.



Mommy and Daddy keep talking about the "real party" on Saturday. Can't wait to see what that's going to be all about. If it's anything like today, it should be a good time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing pictures, Ang! Happy Birthday little Maddie. Jacob is so precious. He was so sweet to Iris.