Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Party! Officially...

We officially celebrated Maddie's birthday on Saturday with a fun-filled party at our house. Let me say, it's great to entertain here again. We had so much fun that I am re-thinking house parties and actually want to throw another one again soon! That never happens...

The table ready for our guests. Don't you just LOVE the flower balloons? I saw them at Diddums and had to get TWO.



I have to give Safeway major props here. I went around to a few cake places and was appalled at the price of a half sheet of cake and a "smash cake" (for the birthday girl to tear apart). So, I decided just to go with Safeway again since we've had their cakes before and they are quite tasty. $22 bucks bought us this cake...



And a FREE "smash cake"!! And they were delicious!



And Maddie wasn't disappointed either :)



Getting ready to sing



I love this picture so much because Mark's face is priceless. I was taking pictures and not paying attention and he was having trouble getting the candle lit. He's looking at me like "will you put the camera down and come help ME?!" (which I did, once I figured out what was happening, and we got the candle lit for about 3 seconds. The wind was too much that day.)



Singing Happy Birthday





I love this shot too -- look at how much love she has surrounding her!



After we sang, Maddie really wasn't interested in the cake at all. Ellie and Emma are standing there saying "Just eat it Maddie!" ha.



Oh how I love these girls. From the left, Jaemie, Lindsay and Millie.



And oh how I love little Nathan (Owen's little brother). By the way, Jacob adores him as well. Whenever I tell him we're going to meet Owen somewhere, he always (always) says to me "Is that little boy Nathan going to be there? I just love him." So sweet.



Maddie loves him too.



Since the house was finally put together, I decided to snap some pictures before the party to show off the new digs.

The final playroom...the wall decal turned out fantastic. Walltat.com people. Check it out.



The kitchen/dining



Main living area



Our "guest room" has turned into a second living area which is nice because it's right off the patio.



The patio





Main guest bath



The day after the party, we opened Maddie's presents and then we decided to go for a wagon ride. It was a beautiful day.



How many people can say they have this view from their backyard (practically --this is the street behind our house)





I love this picture so much I can't put it into words. I was walking behind the wagon and I said "SO BIG!" and they both literally THREW up their arms like this. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside seeing how they interact with each other now.



Adorable big brother



Maddie loves this play house so much it's crazy. In and out she goes. All the time.



And of course, more walking.



Happy 1st birthday to our precious girl! It was a great one!

1 comment:

Jaemie said...

SO great! All of it. Great! I am oh so happy you guys are back!