Sunday, October 24, 2010

Costume Modeling

Since having children, our Halloween celebrations have transcended even beyond my own comprehension. It's an immense amount of pressure, this holiday. You have to come up with a great costume year after year and now that we have double doses of cuteness in this house, that just translates into a double doozy headache (oops, did I just type that and save it?) :)

My sarcasm is just that. Sarcasm. Because truth be told, I am loving every darn second of it. Halloween was never this fun until these little people came into my life.

And ever since Maddie was born, I have been stocking up on costumes like a Halloween hoarder. It's scary, I tell you (no pun intended.) About 6 months ago, I was at a consignment sale and found an angel and a witch costume that I just HAD TO HAVE. She wasn't even walking yet, but my brain was on "holy-cow-she-would-be-absolutely-adorable-in-this" overdrive and I bought them.

In the midst of cleaning out her closet today, we decided to do some costume modeling.

Exhibit A: Angel costume I had to have from the consignment sale. The photography is terrible because this little one won't stop for TWO seconds to pose for any sort of picture.



The back of the dress makes the whole costume. Mark was feeding her a snack to keep her still.



Exhibit B: The witch costume I just had to have from the consignment sale.



It comes with the most adorable witch's hat you've EVER seen. Unfortunately, Maddie refused to keep it on. Please take note of her right index finger and watch what happens next.



There it goes -- straight to the hat



And off goes the hat. That little index finger was KILLING me! Every dang time we put the hat on her head, up went that finger. Argh.



A running away shot of the dress from the back



A halfway decent shot



Here's Daddy trying to model how the hat should be worn. His face is priceless.



But seriously, how stinking cute is this dress?!?!



Jacob had to join in on the fun and put on his Buzz Lightyear costume.



And finally, Maddie has a Rex costume (from the movie Toy Story -- to go with Jacob's Buzz Lightyear). At this point, she was NOT amused by us changing her into these crazy outfits with head pieces she didn't care for. She didn't last more than 5 seconds in this thing.



Case in point.



There will be lots more Halloween posts in the near future. I spent an entire day yesterday making (yes, sewing) me and Mark's costumes so stay tuned for the big reveal!

1 comment:

Millie said...

OK, since we saw Maddie in person today, we know how cute she looks in that angel costume. But the multicolor witch costume?!!! Yikes, I want to go to Texas for this consignment shop! So cute. And you, Miss Crafter, are just way too handy with the costumes. The Toy Story Family. Your Jesse is just killer. Can't wait to see pictures of Mark too.