Tuesday, October 26, 2010

For the love of baby sisters

Before I forget, or, actually, before Jacob forgets, I want to document how amazingly in love with his baby sister this little boy is. Yes, she annoys him, especially when she wants to destroy a puzzle he has just put together. Yes, she makes him cry, especially when she won't do something he wants her to do (like hold his hand). Yes, she makes him crazy, especially when she gets more of Mommy or Daddy's attention than he does.

But, I have to tell you all, unlike most older siblings his age, he has never once asked that "we take her back".

In fact, just yesterday, almost 13 months since she's been in our lives, he said to me, "Mommy, I love my baby Maddie so much. Can we keep her? PLEASE? Please Mommy?!" My heart melted and I realized how lucky we are to have a boy as sensitive as he is. I seriously wonder if he fears that she will be taken away from him.

And even more heartbreaking, when Mommy or Daddy are not pleased with his behavior for whatever reason, his immediate reaction is "I am not a good big brother" or "I cannot take care of my baby sister". As if that would be the ultimate punishment.

God bless this boy and his amazing heart!!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that just made my heart flutter a little bit.

Unknown said...

Waiting for pics from Friday. Need to see those costumes. Heh. :)

Jaemie said...

So precious!