Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's a Miracle

Jaemie casually mentions to me at the gym today that they were going to go to the mall to see Santa and would we like to join them after Maddie's nap? Sure, I say, and I'll just get the kids dressed up for the heck of it "just in case" we can get them on Santa's lap without someone ending up in tears.

Imagine my shock when we get there and we are only the 2nd people in line so we get in quickly, Jacob plops right on Santa's lap and starts telling him what he wants for Christmas (which, by the way, is anything Toy Story/Thomas/Lightning McQueen related) and with hesitation, I sit Maddie on Santa's lap next to Jacob. She didn't even wince. We started playing peek-a-boo behind the camera and they both loved it so much, they were all smiles the whole time!

I swear I didn't sell my soul to the devil for this picture.

But if the devil had offered, I just may have.

Because really. How fantastic is this photo??!!



Before I sat Maddie down in Santa's lap, they took a couple of photos of just Jacob and Santa. I wish I had even known they did this, because I would have asked them to take a couple of Maddie alone with Santa too. Don't worry, I'm still counting my blessings and feel lucky for the wonderful photos we did get!

2 comments:

Jaemie said...

Check my blog to see the cute pictures of my kids with Santa too! OH WAIT....my kids won't go near the MAN! :-)

They are adorable, I'm sure they're posting that photo up at the kiosk for all to see!

Millie said...

OMG. SOOOO cute! Had you gotten that early enough, that would have been the perfect Xmas card! I will live vicariously through you all who have kids who will sit on Santa's lap. Mine will just, um, observe him from afar. Maybe next year. There's always next year!