Monday, December 13, 2010

Random cuteness

Maddie is picking up more words and gestures everyday and she already understands so much of what we say. If we are running around playing and I say "Maddie, go get a book", she'll run in her room, grab a book off the shelf and plop down in my lap so I can read it to her. She LOVES books all of a sudden and it's becoming my favorite activity to do with her. Jacob was the same way at this age.

She also loves to mimic you. We were in the fabric store the other day and I was looking over a million options for fabric and I had my index finger on my chin (why do we do this anyway? I realize I do it a lot when I'm thinking), and I look down and she's concentrating hard on the fabric I was looking at with her little index finger on her chin. I started DYING laughing. She's too stinkin' cute!

Pretending she's on a cell phone is one of her favorite tricks. You can find her like this many times during the day:



She's also doing great identifying her body parts. It's hard to catch her in a mood where she wants to sit still long enough to point them out (which is why I'm interrogating her while she's eating).



And this is just absolute cuteness:

No comments: