Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fantastic Fall Fun

I love this time of year. I've been passionate about Halloween since having kids because the joy on their faces when they get to dress up and RING DOORBELLS FOR CANDY is just priceless. Then, with the anticipation of Thanksgiving and Christmas around the corner, it's hard not to be in the holiday spirit from October to January. I do miss, however, the changing of the trees and the weather. Don't get me wrong...living in a place with 70 degree and sunny weather all the time is a blessing, but feeling the chill in the air with orange, yellow and red leaves falling everywhere, watching the trees change is also a sight to see and I miss it. That was one of my favorite parts of living in North Carolina. Fall was just beautiful.

For now, I am thankful we get to still wear shorts during the day and that we are getting to enjoy sunshine more than ever. I know our friends in Chicago are not so lucky!

Maddie was SO excited now that she is in Kindergarten that she got to go on her first REAL field trip for school. They went to Farmer John's this year and had a great time. There were more parent volunteer drivers than needed, so I didn't attend, but my friends Rosa and Michele were kind enough to text me pictures throughout the day.
























On Monday after school, I decided to take the kids to a new Pumpkin Patch in Half Moon Bay that we had not been to before. Going on the weekend is madness (especially right before Halloween) so going on a Monday (since they have half days on Mondays) was a perfect choice. They got to do it ALL and once again, the weather was beautiful! It was such a relaxing, fun afternoon that I was very grateful for. They both just kept saying "Mommy, thank you SO MUCH for taking us here!" Now, when I get comments of appreciation like that, I KNOW they are enjoying themselves and it just makes my heart jump for joy!

They were also perfect little picture posers. Everywhere we went it was "get a picture of us here!" That really took the guesswork out of where I should try and get them to pose -- since they wanted to do it everywhere! I was so inspired after that afternoon that we came home and did Halloween crafts until Daddy came home from work!!!


























No comments: