Monday, October 20, 2014

Our little athlete Jacob

Jacob is playing soccer again this Fall season and we all think it may be his last.  He's just not into soccer as much as he his baseball (his favorite) and basketball.  Next year, we will probably look into a "Fall Ball" league that plays baseball in the Fall.  With the Giants headed to the World Series this week, he is absolutely baseball OBSESSED.  And because the Giants are playing the Kansas City Royals (Nanny and Papa's team!) he is double OBSESSED!  I guess the good thing is, he can't be disappointed either way, right?  Or can he?  ha.

Jacob is also playing basketball on Sundays with a new league at Serra High School.  I'm so thankful that one of the other moms at IHM told me about this league.  His entire team, aside from 2 kids, are all IHM 2nd grade boys.  It's a great idea to get them to start playing together now, since they will be playing together in 4th grade, when sports start at IHM.  Their team is currently undefeated and they are all very proud of that status!!  We've all really enjoyed watching these boys get better and better each week.  Yesterday was Jacob's best game and he scored 4 baskets, one of which was at the last second buzzer at the end of the game.  Talk about exciting!  Unfortunately I didn't get that one on video but I have a few others I can share (thanks to another Dad on the team who takes videos on the whole game).

I do enjoy watching Jacob get excited about sports.  He surfs the TV stations looking for any sort of game on.  The other day, I caught him watching a women's volleyball game.  When I asked him what he was watching he was just like "I'm watching volleyball Mom!"  Like, DUH!!  He cracks me up!

I don't have any soccer videos, but thanks to our team photographer, we've got some great soccer photos.  Enjoy seeing our little athlete in action!
























The best moments are those of celebration.  Sami grabbing Jacob after he scored a goal.  Sami is also in Jacob's 2nd grade class at IHM.  I just love this photo.



















And finally, here are some videos of Jacob's baskets.  We just love watching him play basketball!








No comments: