Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh that stinkin' pincer grasp

I never knew this until we had a baby, but somewhere around 9 months or so, babies learn to grasp things with their thumb and forefinger. It's called the "pincer grasp" and Jacob hasn't quite "grasped" the concept.

So, everyday, we practice with little cereal stars. He loves these little things and his frustration in getting them to his mouth is just heart-breaking (yet comical).

Here are 2 videos documenting our progress.
(pay close attention to the palm of his left hand)

I know I'm his momma, but this just cracks me UP!

Attempt #1: Not quite there yet

Attempt #2: Success!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

YOU are too cute momma!!! That boy of yours ain't so bad either.....but YOU crack me up!! Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!!! Go Jake!!! Pinch those little suckers and eat 'em up!!!