Thursday, October 11, 2007

Back to reality




It's been a while since my last post. We spent all last week in Texas with the family. While it was a wonderful trip, I'm questioning ever traveling with a baby again. The traveling part is easy (ironically). It's the getting-used-to-a-new-environment part that is taxing.

Grandma and Grandpa were exhausted by the end of it (they so kindly babysat last weekend in Austin while I was on bridesmaid duty). It's funny watching your parents babysit. At one point, I joined up with them, and found the diaper bag empty. No diapers. No wipes. No food. I wondered if they were going to replenish the bag at some point before venturing out again, but instead I just teased and teased. I love that my baby brought a little chaos into someone elses life other than my own.

By the end of our visit in Austin, every employee at the Doubletree knew Jacob. I think they knew his whereabouts much more than Mark and I did. Before we left, we had to bring him down to the restaurant so that his biggest fan, Lorenzo, could say goodbye. It's funny how babies leave a lasting mark on random people you encounter. Lorenzo fell in love with our little guy and just had to say goodbye before his last shift ended.

Mom and Dad, thank you so much for taking such amazing care of our baby boy.

Rachel, if you're reading, you were the most beautiful bride. I was so honored to be a part of your day. I miss you girls already.

Here's to beautiful babies and beautiful brides.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

i can't see the pics.... :(

Unknown said...

aw, thanks ang. you were an amazing bridesmaid and i'm so happy i finally got to meet jacob!