Saturday, October 13, 2007

Infant Drowning Prevention

One of my Moms in my group sent this out yesterday. Viewer discretion is advised. While I found it wildly disturbing (I almost had a panic attack watching it), I was also quite mystified as to how they teach infants (as young as 6 months) to "swim" to the top of a pool and float until rescued. Is this possible?

I tell you one thing, I won't be pushing for a pool in our backyard in the near future. This scares the you-know-what out of me.

http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

One other thought...I do realize that ground breaking discoveries are made everyday from endless testing on lab rats, monkeys, ex-convicts. But how in the world did these people throw their kid in a pool to video tape him screaming "DADDY!" for 5+ minutes while he laid stranded on the top of the water waiting to be rescued?? I sure hope (for their little guy's sake) that he was a fast learner and impeccable performer.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

i'm sorry, but that's freaking unbelieveable!!!