Wednesday, October 17, 2007

False advertising

My weekly americanbaby.com newsletter appeared in my inbox this morning.

Inside, I read this week's fun factoid:

"Each year more than a million children are treated for injuries related to safety hazards in the home. The most common? Burns from uncovered radiators and scalding hot bathwater, ingesting toxic substances such as household cleaners, and falling down."

Can someone please tell me how this factoid is "FUN"? Talk about false advertising. I'm emailing their editor. Right after I finish babyproofing my entire house.

Which brings me to my next question. How do you babyproof a baby? Jacob fell down like 8 times today. Apparently, according to this really "FUN" factoid, he is his own huge safety hazard in the home. Where can I buy one of those baby helmets? and padded baby clothes? Oh, also, how do you babyproof a mommy? I accidentally bit his finger really hard tonight. I was play biting on his hands (like I always do to make him laugh) and he stuck his little finger in between my teeth as I was chomping down. Woah nelly, he cried hard after that one. Needless to say, we won't be playing that game anymore. I'll buy some extra thick baby gloves too just in case...

No comments: