Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Prince and a Pony

Grandma and Grandpa came to visit this past weekend so we decided to hit the San Mateo County Fair which is luckily very close to our house. There was a huge kids area with tons of fun baby rides. After our incident at Happy Hollow, I didn't want to risk putting Jacob on a ride by himself again in fear of him having another meltdown. Unfortunately, there were no rides that they would let me go on with him (except for the good ol' fall back ride -- the carousel). One guy told me that if he let me on, it would break the ride. Um, that's quite the insult mr. creepy carny man. Thanks.

I was seriously disappointed. That is, until we found...the pony rides! Since I could walk next to the horse, I jumped on the idea. I fully expected Jacob to be thrilled to ride a pony since he 'neighs' at every horse we see. He was fine until the pony started moving and then he started whining to get off. With a little bit of encouragement though, he settled down and enjoyed the ride. My little Prince and his Pony.

Not so excited at first about the pony



Ok, I'm cool. I can do this.



They put him on the biggest pony in the ring!



And of course the good old standby ride...the carousel



Grandpa bought Jacob this adorable baby guitar. He loves it!



Feeding the goats again



Cutie on a tractor



With mommy on the train

No comments: