Monday, August 11, 2008

Ya-ya's birthday

Have I ever mentioned Jacob's girlfriend? Hmmm. That's funny. I thought I had. I wonder if that's one of those things that Mom's block out of their minds when it comes to their little boys. I certainly cringe at the thought of him ever having a real girlfriend and I need to remember that we have lots of time ahead before that happens (I hope!) ha.

Anyway, I have neglected to mention 2 very important women in Jacob's life that he absolutely adores: Melissa and Maya. Melissa is our part-time nanny that watches Jacob twice a week while I work from home and Maya is her ADORABLE little girl. When I drop Jacob off at their house, he holds my hand as he walks down the stairs yelling "Ya-Ya!", "Ya-Ya!", then he runs to the door and knocks on it, all the while yelling "Ya-Ya!" (It baffles me that he can't say "Maya" since he says "Mama" so well and obviously has his "M's" down pat. Either way, it's super cute, and we all get a good laugh out of it each time.) He just loves his Ya-Ya.

Maya just turned 4 this past weekend and we had a great time celebrating with her at her birthday party at the park. Sleeping Beauty was there and performed magic, made animal balloons and painted all the kids faces! (I never knew Sleeping Beauty was so multi-talented!)

Thanks again to Maya and Melissa for inviting us to join in on the fun -- and for always taking such GREAT care of our little man!

Happy Birthday Ya-Ya! I mean, Maya!



Jacob still LOVES to swing -- especially with Daddy



Daddy was correcting Jacob's form



These slides were awesome

No comments: