Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Potty Time!

We bought Jacob a potty about a month ago and he knows that it stays in the guest bathroom at all times. Every night, before his bath, he can't wait to get naked so that he can sit on his big boy potty. He runs in the bathroom saying "pah-eee!" He's never actually gone IN the potty. He just likes to sit on it and make silly faces like he's trying to go potty.

Last night, I was making dinner and I hear Mark yelling "GOOD JOB JACOB!! MOMMY, COME IN HERE!" Would you believe our little guy actually went to the potty??? I couldn't believe it. I don't know exactly what this means...but it's got to be a step in the right direction. Jacob was incredibly proud of himself (as were we!)

I never really thought about what would happen after he actually used the potty. I mean, there is no flush and you can't just leave it in there. Mark actually asked me "You don't want to save that do you?" Um, that would be a NO. I draw the line at saving the baby hair from his first haircut thank you. (I bet there are people out there that save their kid's first pee pees in the potty. I did some research and found that taking a picture of your kid's first pee pee is a popular thing to do. Is this normal?) Anyway, while I embrace the idea of losing those diapers, I am so not looking forward to cleaning that little plastic bowl a million times a day. Let's hope Jacob's learning curve is a short one folks.

No comments: