Saturday, February 21, 2009

bad blogger, bad blogger, bad blogger!

Excuses for me not blogging:
1) A bad case of the flu practically took me out of the real world for a whole week
2) Mark has been traveling so much that I am flying solo as housekeeper, mother and online marketing consultant (and flu recipient)
3) We have not done anything fun lately to write about!

The biggest news here is that it is finally confirmed that we are moving to Dallas. When I think about the road ahead (selling this house, packing this house, buying new house, unpacking new house) I have a slight panic attack so I try to deny that it is happening at all most of the time. I don't think it's going to feel real until we are on that plane. Jacob just turned 2 and in 2 years he will have lived in Chicago, San Francisco and Dallas. Many people don't have the chance to live in such 3 great cities! Unfortunately, he will lack any memory of all of this moving (or maybe I should say fortunately?)

My goal is to keep the updates coming as we embark on this new journey. If for any other reason than to document to a therapist years from now why I scream like a baby when I see a u-haul truck. Hey -- it's bound to happen someday.

More to come...

1 comment:

Psychicmommy2maya said...

Your breaking my heart with these 2 posts.
1) WE ARE REALLY GOING TO MISS OUR "Little Man"! 2) We are really going to miss you all! & 3) 2-4 is my FAVORITE age, and I just love his "new" sense of humor- he is a true joy & we love him to pieces. I'm mostly sad because if & when you come back, he's not going to remember us anymore :-( BUT, I am thrilled for Mark & yourself & we hope to get an invitation to visit eventually ;)

XoXo,
Mel