Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jacob funnies

I just had to write a quick note tonight to remind myself (and all 3 of you that read this blog) of how cute Jacob is.

Earlier in the evening we were playing with his cars in his playroom. Jacob has a LOT of cars my friends. Enough to fill 3 of those buckets in his toy organizer. I was making him a snack and when I came back into the playroom, all of the cars were strategically placed on the floor side by side but they were upside down/turned over. I said "Jacob, why are all of your cars upside down?" He looked at me with this serious face and said "Cars night night mommy". And he was right, the cars did all look like they were sleeping. I just grabbed that kid and kissed him.

Later, I was making him dinner and I let him go into the freezer with me to pick out his vegetable for the evening. He saw the bag of peas and said "peas mommy!! PEAS!!!!!". So, I made him the peas while he somewhat impatiently watched me (the whole time yelling "peas mommy!") We sat down and with each HUGE mouthful of peas he chomped down on them saying "mmmmm!!!!" This is the same kid that begs for broccoli in front of the refrigerator. What did we do to be so blessed with a kid that loves veggies?

Finally, before his bath, he always sits on the potty and tries to go to the bathroom before getting in the water. Lately, he's been stalling his bath and sitting on the potty for a LONG period of time. I kept asking him "Jacob, are you done? Time to get in the bath". His response tonight was "No mommy. Poo poo." I thought to myself "there's absolutely no way he's going to go poo on that potty." Sure enough, I saw the kid strain so much that a little tiny poop came out. And as soon as that happened, he was satisfied and jumped right in the bath. Okay, maybe that was TMI, but it shocked the heck out of me. I'm not sure if I'm even ready for that step yet.

Two years old. These are some funny times.

No comments: