Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Operation Potty Train

I've told this story a few times now since it happened yesterday which probably means it should be documented in the blog. As much as I hate to relive it, here goes...

Jacob and I were playing in his playroom yesterday morning after he woke up for the day. We were drawing on his easel when he asked me to draw a picture of Lightning McQueen (from the Disney movie "Cars"). So, I'm trying my best when all of a sudden, he comes up to me and says "Here Mommy" and rubs his hand on the top of my head.

I wasn't sure why he did that so I looked at his hand to see what he had rubbed off of it when he started shaking it wildly saying "Poop off mommy! Poop off please!"

And then I smelled it.

If a movie were being made of this moment, the editors would have placed it in slow motion. My face must have looked like something out of a horror film. Jacob continued to shake his hands while poop was being flung in different directions. I immediately jumped up and said "Jacob stop. STOP. STOP!!!!" I grabbed his wrists and pulled him into the bathroom where I flung him on my knee and held him over the sink and doused his hands with soap and water.

And then I saw it. The poop. In my hair. If it had been 2 weeks earlier, I definitely would have vomited right then and there. Thank goodness my morning sickness has passed. I managed to get him cleaned up without gagging something awful and then jumped in the shower as fast as I could.

I've heard of toddlers doing this before and I've always been horrified by it. I always felt fortunate that Jacob wasn't curious about digging in his diaper. I guess my time has come.

This was just another confirmation that Operation Potty Train will begin as soon as we make the final move to Dallas. I think the kid is ready. Heck, if he isn't, I AM!

No comments: