Sunday, May 9, 2010

A recap of the week

I can always tell when it's been a busy week because I look at the blog and think to myself "I wrote that over a week ago? I thought I wrote that post last night!" Yet another example of how time seems to be escaping me. So, this week has definitely been a busy one.

Last Saturday (5/1) , we drove to Houston for Rachel's big birthday bash and we finally got to meet Iris!

Oh how I miss these girls!! (Melody, Kristy, Julie, Rachel, me and Krissy)



Don't you just want to smother Iris's face with kisses?!



And there is nothing sweeter than a newborn falling asleep on your chest (Julie's chest)



Maddie and her soon-to-be Godmother, Julie! (as a side note, do you see how curly my little girl's hair is in this picture? Leave it up to the Houston humidity to have this effect. I've never seen it like this!)



We had a great time catching up and holding each others babies. I wish we were closer so we could do it all the time!

On Sunday afternoon, we had a BBQ in the park in The Woodlands with all of our cousins. Jacob was in heaven and Maddie was adored by her big cousin Hallie.



Mark left Monday morning on a flight for Phoenix, so the kids and I decided to stay in Houston until Tuesday. Grandpa, Misty and I decided to take Brookie and Jacob to the mall where they could run around and play and ride the carousel. Of course Maddie had to take a ride as well and let's just say that she wasn't disappointed! Look at that face!





On Monday afternoon, Maddie, Jake and I met up with Tara, Luke and Ava and I learned that Tara is pregnant with her 3rd baby! What amazing news! And she also just found out that she's expecting another girl. I am SO excited for her and her hubby Kelly!! I think she's pretty excited about another girl too -- just look how naturally happy she looks with a baby girl on her lap. :) :)



On Monday night, I got to have a nice quiet dinner with Julie and Rach (sans kids) which was a welcome relief from the hustle of the weekend. It's such a rare occasion for us all to be together that the dinner seemed to pass too quickly and I felt a little (okay, a lot) sad on the drive home.

Grandpa and I drove back to Dallas on Tuesday and Mark arrived home on Thursday to a most ECSTATIC Jacob. I've never seem this excited when Daddy gets home from a work trip. Don't get me wrong...Jacob is always excited when Mark gets home but for some reason, this trip was different. Jacob couldn't let go of him and was over-the-moon happy to see him. I think he's starting to feel the passage of time and for that, I hope we don't have trips that keep us away for too long at a time in the future.

No comments: