Friday, April 30, 2010

Lucky 7

Maddie is 7 months old today. Do you remember last month when I wrote that I blinked and 6 months passed by? Well, I didn't even blink this time...I barely closed my eyes and bam, another month slipped past me. Is this what the rest of my life is going to be? Warp speed through child rearing? If so, I need to start documenting more in the blog. STAT.

Let's see, where shall I begin. Miss Madeline continues to be the most adorable baby girl on the planet. I'm not biased y'all. It's true. (And to all you Californians out there, yes, I wrote "y'all") I have a feeling that our time in Texas is limited so I am going to embrace my southern drawl as long as I can for the next few months.

So, as I was saying. Maddie and her cuteness. Not a whole lot new to report this month other than that she is FINALLY rolling over from her tummy to her back and she is trying like mad to crawl. Unfortunately, it's not working out for her. She swims her arms and legs over and over again (which is extremely exhausting to watch) but hasn't figured out how to get up on all fours and move. She likes to push up her arms and move backwards though. She has recently started to babble and really loves it when you talk back. She's saying "dee dee dees" now and continues to love her screeches. She *really* hates it when you take something away from her. Be sure to have something as a substitute in your hand ready to give her, or else you'll hear her wail.

She's is finally sleeping all night long. Man is that a beautiful thing. She goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:00 pm and sleeps until 6/6:30 am. She eats solids at breakfast, lunch and dinner and she is a fan of, um, EVERYTHING. This is certainly a good thing. I really don't want to have to learn how to feed a picky eater!

Time is flying by too fast, so I'm going to try and enjoy every second.

Here's Maddie on her belly













Jacob insisted on going for a ride in the wagon the other day so I put Maddie on a blanket where their feet should go. Worked perfectly!

1 comment:

Jaemie said...

OMgosh! I want to be able to comment after every picture (can you make that a feature for me?)

But I'll go with:
Look at her in those sunglasses! She is quite possibly the cutest baby girl I have ever seen (and I've seen some cuties)!

And:
Jacob looks like such a little man!