Friday, August 19, 2011

The "4's" Group

Jaemie and friends told me about a summer group that had formed called the "4's" group consisting of kids age 4 (original, eh?) They meet on Thursday mornings and plan fun outings each week. You may remember those photos from the San Carlos fire station a few weeks back. That was with the "4's" group. Luckily, most of the 4's also have younger siblings in the "2's" so it's a great fit for us. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, they planned a trip on the Caltrain from the San Carlos station up to Burlingame. I've ALWAYS wanted to do this with the kids but to be honest, I have never rode the Caltrain out here so the task was daunting (again, alone with 2 kids). So when I found out that this was our next playdate, I was super excited. As were Maddie and Jacob. Those kids love themselves some trains!



Apparently, Jaemie and I didn't get the "floppy sun hat required" notice.



Maddie LOVED the train but was also terrified on the platform. She had her arms and legs wrapped around me as tight as humanly possible when the train came and was crying "on the train! on the train!" I think she understood that ON IT was a much safer option!

I love this picture of them when we first got on the train. Holding hands. Pure joy. (By the way, thanks Grandma and Grandpa for Maddie's adorable outfit! We love it!)



The Robins opted to go up to the second level. Maddie kept screaming "Jaemie! Owen! Nathan!"



Not sure Nathan was really enjoying Jacob's affection. But it sure is cute!



When we arrived in Burlingame, we walked to the park and hung out there for a couple of hours and had pizza delivered to the park for lunch. We then loaded back up onto the train. I don't even know what to say about this photo other than it cracks. me. UP. Owen is about to kick some butt and Jacob is apparently the saddest kid on the planet. Don't be fooled my friends. He had an awesome day on the train and at the park!



Poor Nathan was tuckered out. I could NOT believe this kid fell asleep like that! So stinkin' cute.



More "4's" adventures to come! I just don't have time (or the energy) to post them all. Rest assured, we are having a great summer!

2 comments:

Jaemie said...

Fantastic pictures! The one of Owen & Jacob KILLS me! Silly boys!

Millie said...

So sorry to have missed this trip. What fun pictures! Emma was just telling me the other day that she wants to go on the train. She did it as a baby but obviously has forgotten. Will have to do that again ourselves soon.