Friday, August 5, 2011

Almost Famous

I got an email today from my friend Kristin with the subject line "SC Park and Recs Guide". Inside the email she said "Did you see it?"

I immediately thought something was written up about JBF in the magazine and that's why she had asked me about it.

I responded "No, why?"

She wrote back and said "You guys are the cover photo!! At the Goblin walk last Halloween! We got it in the mail this morning."

WHAT?! We are on the cover? What was she talking about? Like a little photo in the corner? Among a bunch of other photos? My mind was racing...

Jaemie happened to be online so I instant messaged her (gotta love technology). And even more, gotta love this IM exchange between her and I:

aildebrando: Go to your mailbox!
BUZZ!!!
Jaemie Robins: ok
Jaemie Robins: outside my house?
aildebrando: is that where your mailbox is?
aildebrando: I want to see if you got the SC parks and rec guide
aildebrando: I have to know something
aildebrando: right now
Jaemie Robins: oh ok! hold on
Jaemie Robins: HOLY SH%&
Jaemie Robins: HOLY SH%&
aildebrando: Is it the Broxtermans?!
Jaemie Robins: Did they ask you???!?!!??!
aildebrando: NO!!!!!
aildebrando: What picture is it?!
aildebrando: I have to know!
aildebrando: Kristin emailed me and said "Did you see the SC parks and rec guide?"
aildebrando: I said "no, why?"
aildebrando: and she said "B/c you guys are the cover photo!"
aildebrando: She wasn't kidding?!
Jaemie Robins: YOU ARE THE COVER!
aildebrando: Oh, I am so going to need that issue
aildebrando: where can I get it?
aildebrando: I'm a belmont resident damnit!
Jaemie Robins: my house
Jaemie Robins: you haven't seen it?
aildebrando: no!
aildebrando: What picture is it?!
Jaemie Robins: do you want me to take a picture!
aildebrando: This is so bizarre!
aildebrando: yes!
aildebrando: yes!
aildebrando: Yes!
Jaemie Robins: YOU'RE IN YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES
aildebrando: Well, kristin told me that part!

And there you have it folks. The City of San Carlos featured us on the cover of their parks and rec guide and never even asked permission. They most surely don't even know who we are! But it certainly does make for a cute story.




By the way, this is not the first time the Broxtermans were featured on the cover of a local magazine. Here's a pic of Mark and I on our wedding day that was the cover of the "Here Comes the Guide" magazine the following summer. Glad to know we still got it. *wink*

1 comment:

Millie said...

Yep, you guys have GOT IT! After getting home from the weekend and going through the mail, I see the beautiful Broxterman family gracing the cover of our Parks & Rec guide. "I know those people!!!!!" Of course with me being the designer, I begin picking the photo apart immediately, thinking: "That is so Photoshopped! Look at how they made them look 20 feet tall, just to put them in front of that Goblin Walk sign." But nonetheless, how lovely of you Belmont residents to grace the cover of your neighbor city's activity guide. Your Halloween outfits did pretty much rock and were the best ones around!