Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One year ago today...

...our adorable little guy came into the world. Ok, so he was not so little. But he was adorable. And still is.

I can't believe that a year has passed. On some level, it feels like the last year has flown by. But then I remember the sleepless nights, the inconsolable crying and the endless, cold Chicago winter. Then the year seems exceptionally lllooonnnngggg. ha.

We have not officially celebrated yet as Mark will be back in town on Friday and then we will let him devour his first birthday cake. Instead, Grandma, Grandpa, Jacob and I celebrated today by going to Stacks for breakfast, then to the wildlife park in San Mateo (where we unfortunately didn't see much wildlife) and then we took Jacob to have his 1 year pictures taken. He was in a great mood and hammed it up for the camera as usual.

I get a little emotional when I think about him being a "toddler." There's something so grown up about it that I'm not really ready to accept the fact that I don't have a "baby" anymore. But then I see him walking/running around, laughing at anything and everything and growing more and more personality by the second and I realize that the best is yet to come.

So, in honor of our dear Jacob, here's a little glimpse into our special year with him. Month by month.







1 comment:

Julie said...

Too cute! I've been thinking about you guys. Thanks for posting. :) Happy 1st Birthday, Jacob!!!