Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Swim diapers

Swim diapers. I'm not really sure how they are different than regular diapers. Our swim school requires a "special" swim diaper that is reuseable (no disposable kinds for this crew.) I ran into a mother a few weeks ago that takes classes at the same swim school that we're going to and she said that her swim class had been cancelled that day. "A baby pooped in the pool, so they are draining it" she said.

You should have seen the look on my face (well, obviously I didn't see my own expression, but I imagine I was looking quite horrified.) What if Jacob poops in the pool and we have to clear everyone out? This is a big place people!

And what is this "special" swim diaper for if it's not protecting the pool from random baby poop? I have considered diapering him twice (swim diaper, then regular diaper, then swim trunks). Certainly, that would be armor enough in case a little poop tries to escape? Agh, I just cannot imagine the thought of it. I guess we'll just have to pray every Wednesday that Jacob has his "movement" before 8:45 am.

The oh-so-protective swim diaper (doesn't look like much, does it?):



Ok, mom, let's go!



How cute is baby Ethan??!!



Ready to get in the pool...



Ethan and his momma Shauna:

1 comment:

Ashley McWhorter said...

I found your blog via Stacie via Stephanie Ryan. Anyway, this story cracks me up!! Pampers and Huggies both make swim diapers that fit and look just like regular diapers. They hold everything!!! I have never seen the kind your little one has on. Take care. :)