Thursday, August 19, 2010

It doesn't get much better than this

There's not a lot in life that can top a trip to Napa with your best friends. Lots of laughs, good food, and great wine. If there's any reason I am excited to be back in the Bay Area, it's so that we can visit Napa/Sonoma often. I mean OFTEN. :)

Kristy came up from Austin for her birthday so Rachel, Kristy and I headed to Napa on Saturday. Our first stop was Patz + Hall. We had never been there or heard of it before but a friend of ours from high school works there so we decided to make it our first stop. Boy am I glad we did! We had so much fun catching up with Courtney and the wine was fantastic! YUM.

We then headed to Whole Foods to get some snacks for our winery picnic. Kristy's Whole Foods discount is awesome. I wish I had one. Our next winery stop was St. Supery where we picnicked under the arbor. Once again, YUM!



Rachel just being silly



My girls :)



We stopped at Mumm to get some "bubbles" but they were packed so we decided on a few photo opps instead.





Kristy in the beautiful flowers. I made her pose.





You can see she really didn't fight it



And worked it instead



And thought she was pretty darn funny (ha)



On a whim, we decided to stop at Clos du Val. We weren't disappointed.









And by this time, we were getting a little loopy



So we did more posing among flowers



The girls like to say that I forced them to pose like I do Jacob and Maddie. But from these pics, I think they loved every minute of it.



As did I!







Napa grapes. So pretty!



We went out to dinner that night with Courtney and ended up having drinks at Morimoto's new restaurant. The next morning, we stopped at Domaine Carneros on our way out of town.



Kristy and Rach enjoyed the champagne while I enjoyed the pinots.



Ah, it will be too long before we can do this again. Miss you girls already!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

i can't believe how many photos of me there are in this post. goodness! ;)

so much fun!!

Unknown said...

awesome weekend!

Cyndi Loseke said...

I wanna come!!!!!! :)