Sunday, June 19, 2011

Corporate Perks

The germs are apparently still widespread in this house. Jacob came down with the same virus Maddie had on Wednesday and has been running a 101/102 fever ever since. Needless to say when I started feeling bad on Thursday, I was NOT a happy camper. But, I was thankful for one thing -- at least we weren't ALL sick in Hawaii. I'm practicing being the "half glass full" girl which is not easy for me to do!

On Saturday, Marks' company, Genentech, hosted their annual "Genentech gives back" party and we had been planning on going for a couple of weeks. Since half of us were ill, we debated whether or not it was a good idea but since it was free, we decided to give it a shot anyway. Man am I glad we didn't miss it! Genentech rented out the Giants stadium and had ALL the concessions open so we could take our pick of any food, any beer, as much as we wanted. FOR FREE. They had activities for the kids and the best part...a concert consisting of Daughtry (of American Idol fame), Sheryl Crow and Maroon Five. Seriously. What other company out there does this kind of thing?!?! The kids did great and loved the never ending snacks...popcorn, cotton candy, long licorice sticks, ice cream, etc. It definitely was not our healthiest day ever but ended up being fantastic!

So, thank you Genentech for putting on such an awesome party. The words "why would you ever leave this company?!" actually did come out of my mouth while we were there! I'm sure that's exactly what they hope for.

We waited on line for this slide for literally 45 minutes. For a 20 second slide. But Jacob did love it. :)



Some pics of the stadium







A nice man offered to take a family photo



But when I checked my phone to see what pictures he took, this one took me by surprise. And nearly sent me to the floor in laughter. I love this woman so much because she has provided me with so many giggles this weekend...



Jacob practicing for his baseball career



And Maddie, well, if it's a phone, she HAS to have it.







On Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day by going to the San Mateo County Fair. Unfortunately, our nice camera died and the other pictures taken from my iphone just didn't make the cut. But, this one was a keeper.



Happy Father's Day to the most awesome fathers in my life -- My own Daddy, Papa, and of course Mark, who happens to epitomize the perfect parent and should be the role model for all Daddies out there. Love you all!!

No comments: