Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Days of Summer

It's finally starting to feel like Summer around here. After a long stint of cold and rainy weather, we are welcoming the heat!! I'd like to think we brought a little bit of Maui back to Belmont. :)

You've probably noticed the blog changes. After a while, I get bored of looking at the same background and like to spice things up a bit. And it motivates me to get a new picture of the kids up. While these colors aren't my favorites, they reminded me of Summer.

Cheers to Summer.

The ultimate play space! Pool, water table, climber, picnic table and a place for mommy to lounge (either on the patio furniture or on the towel!) It was almost like being on vacation :) Dare I say even better since the kids are now healthy?



Add in a couple of popsicles and you somehow immediately win "mommy of the year" award





Good gracious she is so stinking cute.



Top off the day with bubbles and the kids could barely stand it!





She KILLS me. Never in my life did I think I'd have a blond haired, blue eyed little PRINCESS.



Speaking of the little princess, she's been singing her ABCs for a little while now but it was never easy to get her to do it for the camera. Today, I bribed her with candy which I'm certain is why she continued on to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".



It's crazy to me that she can sing these songs at 20 months. She knows a handful of them now and sings them unprompted. I remember Jacob first singing his ABCs when we visited Dallas and looked at homes before we moved there. He was 2 1/2. Maddie can also count to ten (or more) and is talking in sentences all the time. Some of my favorites are "I see you!", "hold this please", "I like it" (or conversely "no like it"), "What's this?", "Hi Jacob, how are you?" (I heard her say this yesterday when he woke up in the morning -- I nearly fell over!), "Kiss Minnie head", "Kiss minnie ear", "Kiss minnie toe", etc. (I had to kiss her little minnie mouse doll tonight before bedtime. Maddie is also great at giving commands). There are also many times where she's stringing tons of words together but I have no idea what the heck she is saying. But she certainly does. She's just growing up too fast...

p.s. I just found these photos from the Fair. Looks like we did take a couple of pictures with the camera before the battery died!



No comments: