Saturday, June 4, 2011

Oh how I love preschooler speech

Yesterday we spent the afternoon inside and Maddie all of a sudden started lifting up her shirt, pointing to her belly saying "Mommy, belly hurts". I've never heard her use this phrase so I wasn't convinced she meant what she was saying, even though she must have said it 10 times. I asked her if she wanted water, if she wanted to go rock in the chair and if she had to go poop and she said "no" to all 3 so I just dismissed it.

About 30 minutes later, she had diarrhea so I knew she must have really had a belly ache earlier. I was about to put Jacob and her in the bath but when that happened, I decided it wasn't the best idea to have Jacob in the tub with her. God forbid they both come down with a stomach bug right before our trip! Anyway, this is how my conversation with Jacob went.

me: "Hey Jacob, you can play a little bit longer because we're going to skip your bath tonight."
Jacob: "Why are we skipping my bath?"
me: "Well, Maddie has diarrhea and I don't want you to be in the tub with her because I don't want you to get sick too if it's something worse."

Jacob turns to Maddie and says "Maddie, I can't take a bath with you tonight because you have QUESADILLA"

Oh for the love of Pete, I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard.

So funny.

No comments: