Wednesday, September 23, 2009

7 Day Countdown

On Monday, I went in for my 38 week checkup and my Doc finally did an internal exam. He said I was 2 cm dilated already and that my cervix was "soft". This is all good news when you are about-to-pop-pregnant because it means that your body is preparing for labor.

It's even better news when you are about-to-pop-pregnant and you have Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Dysfunction which he also diagnosed in the same visit. See, for the last week or more I have begun to walk like an 80 year old woman because every time I put pressure on my right leg, there is a shooting pain in my upper right buttocks that nearly knocks me to my knees (especially with the initial step.) It has been getting progressively worse without any relief in sight. Medicinenet.com says:

"Another common cause of SI joint dysfunction is pregnancy. During pregnancy hormones are released in the woman's body that allows ligaments to relax. This prepares the body for childbirth. Relaxation of the ligaments holding the SI joints together allows for increased motion in the joints and can lead to increased stresses and abnormal wear. The additional weight and walking pattern (altered gait) associated with pregnancy also places additional stress on the SI joints."

Isn't that fantastic?

So, the only cure to my endlessly expanding stomach, insomnia, hormonal fits of rage and my newly diagnosed SI joint dysfunction is to have this kid. PRONTO.

I have been hesitant to encourage an induction, but when my Doc said he wanted to induce next week, I nearly cried tears of joy. There is a light!

Eviction (err, induction) date: September 30, 2009. 7 days from now. Are you ready?!?!

I AM. Bring on the pitocin!!

3 comments:

kristy said...

yay! can't wait to meet the little booger!

Lindsay said...

WOW! So exciting... we are thinking about you and can't wait to meet Baby!

Psychicmommy2maya said...

I'm hoping it's a girl...you need to experience a girl (even though their filled with drama, every mom should have a girl). I'm sending PINK dust you way.

MISS YOU & LOVE YOU ALL,
Mel